Here are some pictures that were taken before the game during batting practice.
- First of all, a huge crowd was on hand for this game. It was probably one of the largest crowds that the Jays have had since opening day. There were 6 sections upon in the tiers up until the 3rd inning and after that point they were packed and pretty much sold out.
- The fans in Toronto were pretty brutal. I heard of people throwing stuff from the bullpen and throwing bottles and things at each other in the stands. That is what the hate for AJ will do and when people start drinking alcohol.
- Above is a picture of Girardi as he is walking out to the mound to take AJ out. He was serenaded with loud cheers (i mean very loud boos).
- Aaron Hill and Adam Linbd are off to an amazing start. Rios has been getting hot and Vernon is doing pretty decent also.
- Johnny Damon and Vernon Wells before the game during batting practice.
- The crowd was insane. They were after AJ Burnett on every pitch (AJ Sucks) and A-Rod too (chanting A-Roid and steroids).
- Overall, it was a great game, despite the Yankees losing. I love Roy Halladay and he was absolutely dominating. It seems Johnny was one of the few who can actually hit Roy and everyone else was basically left looking clueless.
- Seats were amazing; 4 rows behind the Yankee dugout. Never sat in these seats before and so close. Was fun to see the guys come back into the dugout after striking out and whatnot. The fans were getting on them good.
- Pictures of Wednesday and Thursday's games will go up soon! Along with some cool shots from BP up in my hotel room!