Friday, May 15, 2009

Back from Toronto!!!

Sorry for the lack of updates for the past few days but I didn't' have a computer with me when I went to Toronto. I think it's the longest I have been off the computer and facebook in forever. Well, I have so many different things to write about, but I am not sure where to start. I wish I could have posted things after each of the games, but since I had no computer I will go over each game at some point this weekend.

First off, it was a great trip. Coming home, the 7 hour drive turned into a 5.5 hour drive (Don't ask how fast I was going). It is always interesting to cross the border as I was able to realize how easy-going and nice the people are going into Canada and how tough the people are when you are entering the United States.

As I was driving home today, the guy at the border was asking me all these questions (what is your citizenship, where are you from, etc). He then proceeds to ask me what I was doing in Canada. I was like well, the Yankees were in town so I went to see the games. He was like "you drove that far for a game?", as if if was making up a story about why I was in Canada. Regardless, I explained to him that i make this trip every year and he was like oh wow, interesting. You are crazy. Yep, not the first time I have heard that I suppose.

Anyhow, I love the city of Toronto; it is so beautiful and easy going. The only thing I despise about this city is driving around, which I only did when I arrived. I can't stand the tracks that are on the street and the people walking around makes for a very aggravating time.

I am going to load all of my pictures from the game. I have some great stories also about A-Rod and other players. My hotel was facing the field in the Rogers Centre which was super cool and I got some nice shots from there too.

One more thing I must add. I am amazed at how fan-friendly the Blue Jays organization is. Each day they had things going on for the fans before the games began and they even allow their fans to go down to the lower level for batting practice. What a concept??

More stories and pictures later :)

6 comments:

Bruno Van Rottweiler said...

Glad to hear that you had such a great time. Every time I visit up there ,I always deal with the easy going Canadian border folks THEN our US people who act like I'm a terrorist! I have a stupid cousin who hates Canada...boy did I school homegirl on what kind of paradise Ontario and Quebec are!I have relatives up there and love visting. It was so cool that you had a great time. One important question: do you think that the Jays will stick around? The first game was a blowout,fine. If the Jays score 2 runs for Doc it's a blowout! THe Yanks won in a blowout in the second game. The last game was close. I can't beleieve taht soem idiots down here in the NYC claimed that the Yanks schooled the upstart Jays...unh? That third game could have gone either way. Oh well, the starting pitching is not the greatest BUT hopefully they will at least "fake contention"!

Justin said...

Glad you had fun Christina! Can't wait to see your pictures.

Bruno Von Rottweiler said...

I meant: I can't believe some idiots down here in the NYC area claimed that the Yanks schooled the upstart Jays..unh? I need to get spellcheck!LOL

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

How incredible was the game on Tuesday night?

Al Leiter's Bullpen Catcher said...

it was freaking amazing. Even though the Yankees lost, the crowd was insane and my boy Halladay pitched a gem. I have some great pictures I am going to post tonight!

Kyle said...

I'm glad that you had a great time in Toronto!

Great series. Yankees played well.