Friday, May 15, 2009

Baseball Notes from Toronto

  • Brian Bruney apparently shaved his head. I noticed this when I was sitting in my hotel room watching the Jays warm up during batting practice. When I looked down I saw this guy running back and forth on the warning track and I had no clue who it was. After looking at it closely, I figured out it was Bru. I can't even tell you how many times he ran back and forth, but I will say he was out there for a good 30-45 minutes.
  • Nick Swisher also found himself a barber. It's quite an interesting style. You could tell he was loving it as during batting practice, as he kept the helmet off so that he could show it off to the crowd.
  • From a bunch of fans at the stadium, apparently Alex Rodriguez is still hanging out bad people. He was seen with some sketchy hockey player in Toronto which had many wondering if he still is back to his old ways. I am not sure if its more intriguing that people are following his every moves or why Alex only seems to find himself around sketchy people. Does he not have any "good" friends to hang out with?
  • Saw Andrew during batting practice. I posted how he was able to get Derek Jeter's baseball bat last year when I was there. Well on Tuesday, guess who gave him another bat? Robinson Cano. And Mark Teixiera gave him his batting gloves. It wouldn't bum me out as much that he got the stuff is he wasn't selling it all for money. I either keep the stuff for my own collection or give it to the kids I tutor. In regard to my last post, Fernando, I just want a Louisville slugger model bat that is black and from one of the players. It doesn't have to be used and can be cracked, as was the case of the Robinson Cano bat. I have to figure out what Andrew does to get the players to give him these bats. I guess being a girl doesn't work in this case. One day i will get that bat, I just will have to try harder or something.
  • On Wednesday before the games opened (about 330 or so in the afternoon when I was sitting in my hotel room), I saw this guy on the field stretching for a good 25 minutes. I zoomed my camera in as much as I could, but I am not sure who it is. What do you guys think? I was thinking it was possibly Rivera, but I am not certain. Regardless, he was really working out and stretching the entire body.
  • This guy stands outside gate 5. I have no idea what his name is, but he is there every single year and he is the world's most annoying man to sell Blue Jays gear. I took this picture for my brother, who really seemed to enjoy standing around him last year while waiting for the gate to open.

3 comments:

Mulletman said...

That dude outside the gate seems like a cool dude.

Bruno Van Rottweiler said...

Swisher with a Mullet,eh? He looks like a girl from the 80s with that do! The freak outside looks like he stepped outta a Stephen King movie! One freaky looking dude.Bruney looks weird with his Mr Clean look...he looked better with hair. Has he lost even more weight? Yeah, that's Mo,he puts in that much work,unh?

Kyle said...

Cool pics. Interesting stories.

Sounds like you had an awesome time in Toronto.