- Robinson Cano is 10/26 (.417) in the past 7 games.
- Mark Teixiera is 7/26 (.269) with 1 2B, 4BB and 2RBI.
Pitching for the past 7 games:
- Aceves has looked pretty good lately. In his latest outing against the Marlins, hes pitched 2.2 strong innings in which he struck out 2 guys while giving up only 1 hit (0ER).
- Phil Hughes has also looked great in the bullpen, pitching 5 innings over the past 7 games; striking out 6 while giving up only 1 hit. I am unsure if I really like this as I think they are setting him back as a starter. What is the difference between him and Joba. If you don't want Joba in the pen, I can't see how you can like Phil being in the pen also. I guess this is the best short-term solution the team has been able to devise.
- Andy Pettitte- 7IP, 3H, 1ER, 7K's
- CC- Hurt, left in the 2nd
- A.J. Burnett- 6.1, 5H, 1ER, 8K's
- Joba Chamberlain- 6IP, 7H, 3ER, 6 K's
- Chien Ming Wang- 5IP, 6 H, 3ER, 4 K's -- An improvement from his prior starts
Clearly, the offense needs to step it up. While you can't expect a team to put up 5 runs every game, it is impossible to win a game when your offense is scoring you 0,1 or 2 runs a game. They are a much better team then they are playing and it is only a matter of time before they all wake up. So chill out everyone, it will be ok.