Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bummed to be home

I wish I was still in Tampa. I already miss being at the ballpark everyday, being out in the sun and watching batting practice. In looking back at the trip, I have to say this was the best spring training I have been to by far. A few notes about the trip:

** Swisher seems like a cool kid. Hes got some sweet blue kicks that he proudly showed us during batting practice. I think hes probably one of the happiest guys out there to be playing baseball. The man always has a smile on his face; its great to see.

** Tino Martinez is now on the "list". This is not a good list to be on either.

** Shelley Duncan seems like a nice kid. He really has the passion for the game and always hustles and puts in his all. I hope the best for him; you never know what can happen down the line.

**Some guy at Lakeland tried to tell me that CC is a terrible pitcher and only had 1 good year. I guess its important to mention he was a redsox fan who didn't even have a clue about his own team.

** I sat next to an interesting character who was wearing a real peanut shell as an earring. It was quite the sight and he was quite the drunk. Reggie Jackson had to hear an earful of this guy.

**Lastly, I have become fixated on the fact that Al Leiter thinks i am insane. It may be true but I wish that notion wasn't based the title of my blog

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the deal with Tino being on your list?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip! Did you meet anybody interesting?

Al Leiter's Bullpen Catcher said...

I met a lot of great people. It was the best spring training by far.

Jay Sierchio said...

what is this list?